Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Bucket" LIst

A week or two ago, David asked me to make a list of eight places I feel that I must visit.  It didn't occur to me to ask if I could exclude the USA (because it's easier and less expensive to make a trip close to home) and if I could list places to which I've been before.  If you're trying to narrow your choices down to only eight places, the answers to those questions are important!

Here's one place that's on my list.  Will it make the cut? I think so, but until I do more research, I'm not sure.  Right now I think it is a place I'd like to spend a week with David, Esther, and Davis.

Then there's this as a destination.  Here I would stay for quite a while.  Are you beginning to see a pattern?



All right, I'll give you an easier one.  For this place, however, I'd need to have the answer to at least one of the above questions.

                                     

One of the problems that one has to deal with when developing a list of this kind is the political unrest in the world as well as the results of natural disasters.  Both could make travel to certain areas dicey.  And expense is always an issue as is the amount of time some journeys might take.

Where would you like to go?  Just for fun, see if you can come up with eight places.  You may include locations in the continental USA and countries you've been before.  Can you choose eight?  Are you willing to share them in a comment?  Reasons why would make it more interesting, but they aren't a requirement.  Who knows?  You may give me some ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I must say I'm baffled by your first choice particularly since you see sharing this location with Dave and me. Where is it? I don't recognize the place at all.

    ReplyDelete