Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Busy Day

Monday was a long day for us.  It began with a computer expert coming in to set up our old computer (the one that makes a noise like a person with a horrible cold snoring and 53 wires).  We asked for help because although I could attach the wires and have most of them in the correct place, it seemed wise to have someone who really knows what he is doing attend to the affair.  He also hooked everything up so D can have Internet, also, as well as his own printer.  My attempts to copy our files had been unsuccessful so computer man did that, too.  And it wasn't at all stressful (interpretation: David and I didn't bite each other's nose off ).

Then D had to take our car for its every-so-often check-up while Mary Ellen and I went to pick up quilts at the quilter's.  She and I had the better time, I know.  The quilts she had done were spectacular and quilted in a manner designed to enhance her work.  My wall hanging with the spools that I showed you before is another awesome piece of quilter's art.  It helps so much to have someone who understands how to enhance with stitching not merely cover a quilt with it!  Of course, it helps to have a quilter who also has a sense of what the piecer likes.

Home before D, I got myself involved in tidying areas that had surfaced in the reorganization of the computer room.  Now that is a job and then some!  You see, like many craft/art enthusiasts, I tend to have both a lot of books and an equally large number of magazines on my passions.  Having more than one enthusiasm doesn't help too much, either.  I spent a lot of time looking through items, sorting into piles, and re-shelving, throwing away, and leaving out for a second look.  In among all those books and magazines were also children's books (which of course, I had to read) and all sorts of other equally interesting things that shouldn't have been where they were but had to be carefully assessed and then appropriately disposed of.  Basically, it took me quite a bit longer than it should have, and I'm not finished, yet.

When D returned with the healthy car, we went out to pick up a few cords and wires for the computers (they needed more, can you believe that?), and had a bite to eat.   He had to go to a meeting so I spent the rest of the evening going through more magazines, tearing out articles to put in binders, and watching a little T.V. 

Ah well, the recycle bin is full, and I feel as though I accomplished something yesterday even though the sorting and throwing away is not finished.  On top of that feeling of accomplishment,  I don't have to report for jury duty today either, and I can go to painting.

Happy, happy first day of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment