Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sewing?

Every now and then the title of this blog seems like a reproach.  There haven't been very many tales about quilting lately.  My problem writing up a pattern (that is finally coming to an end) doesn't count as it's only sewing related not actually sewing.  My machine hasn't seen me for any period of time except for the odd binding or three but nothing really creative.  Next week I have Crazy Quilt class, and I haven't done any work on the block with my mother's photograph since I posted it. 

My time has become more busy with classes and hand-sewing to make samples for classes than it should be as my family has pointed out.  This past month has proved that to me so I do plan to scale back .  However, I don't think that's the only reason I'm not sewing.  It may actually be the touch of warm spring weather we've enjoyed for a little while.  I've spent quite a bit of time on weeding out old things, going through the bookshelves (really looking for more room), tearing out pages from old quilt magazine to put in my binder (they've actually made it into the binder, too), and looking outdoors wondering what the garden will be like this year.  There's a lot to do in the house; winter-time clutter abounds and must be taken care of.  The basement remains a disaster (it was supposed to be my winter project).  All these should-do and should-have-done's make me feel I haven't earned the right to throw myself into another big project on my machine.

Guess I'll have to spend some time once the pattern is truly finished doing a major project for the house's sake.  Then maybe I'll feel I deserve to have some time with fabrics, thread, and my sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear friend, have you learned nothing!
    Do NOT (I repeat) Do Not....
    allow the business of quilting interfer with the joy and pleasure of quilting.
    Don't make me hunt you down and hurt you :-)

    You definitely deserve to have some time with your fabrics, thread and machine. We all do.
    love you! Now go sew something.

    ReplyDelete