Monday, August 6, 2012

A Normal Monday

Weather-wise today was really amazing after the heat and humidity through which we've suffered.  When I stepped outside to greet ME, I was amazed.  Yes, I had listened to the weather reports, but I can't say I remembered what was said.  Actually, I can tell myself very sternly that I must focus on what the weather person says, but inevitably, by the time he gets to a comprehensible discussion of what is going to happen, my attention has wandered.  Awful, isn't it?  I just never cottoned to the weather portion of earth science, and a scientific discussion just send me into a stupor.

Anyway, it was a grand day, and ME and I went up to Karen G.'s to pick up and drop off quilts.  As always, she had done a great job quilting ME's baby quilt (such sweet fabric!), and on M's quilt for me.  You may not remember but I managed a few years ago to purchase a quilt from two of my first quilting teachers and that this one was an unfinished top.  Now the quilting is done, and I get to do the binding, oh joy, but it will be a labor of love.  All I have to do now is convince P to sell me a small one of hers and my collection of my first teacher's work will be complete.

ME left some work for Karen G. and so did I.  In a few weeks I'll have somethings to show you.  I hope ME will give me permission to show you hers.  One is really fun in a non-traditional way, and the other is downright lovely.  My two you've seen already:  "Liquid Assets on the Loose" and "Recess" (the pinwheel one).

Other than that, it was a normal day of keeping appointments and some fabric washing and ironing so I'll be ready tomorrow to finish cutting out the fairy quilts for two of my great nieces.

Enjoy this cooler, drier weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment