Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good Day

Having given myself permission to dither and to accept the fact Fairy Qlt #2 will not be made by the deadline I set, and that that's all right, today went quite well. 
 
Thanks, of course, to ME who took me to the grocery store since D had to return to his dad's for a second day.  The trip to the store allowed me to get out, to enjoy the company of a very close friend, and to purchase the necessary items to make dinner for tonight with leftovers for Friday night in Vermont. 
 
I should also tell you that I had another follow-up visit to my doctor and my vision is improving markedly.  I was able to read almost all of the eye-chart though it is still a little blurry.  Then, oh, wonder of wonders, the doctor turned to me and asked, "Do you want to have surgery on the other eye?" 
 
I nearly fell out of the chair but managed to gulp out, "But I thought I couldn't!"
 
"Why not?"
 
"Well, because I thought it wasn't bad enough."
 
"Not bad enough?  You do have a cataract in that eye, also, you know.  It may not be as bad as the right eye, but we could take care of it."
 
I wanted to hug him despite the fact that he clearly thinks I'm certifiable as well as an idiot.  The second eye will be taken care of October 3. 
 
Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment