Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Report on "Good Vision"

For all of those of you who were concerned after my posting of yesterday, thank you for your notes and words of reassurance and comfort.  You all were correct; the grittiness did not last, and I feel so well that I decided to write today after all.  Indeed, that painful experience disappeared quite rapidly as it was a thing of the past as soon as this morning!

When I awoke this morning, I knew immediately that my eye felt better, but I was afraid of broadcasting the news to D until I removed the eye shield and could open my eye.  Once that was done, my eye still felt very good.  If you've ever had an allergic reaction and had the white of your eye swell, that's what it felt like this morning.  Trust me, that is nothing compared to the discomfort of yesterday.

My early morning doctor's appointment with the surgeon went quite well; he was pleased with my recovery so far and not at all concerned about the fact that I still flunked the eye-chart test.  I don't have to go back until next week.

Here's my real surprise of the day.  Around supper time I took off my glasses so I could rub my itchy non-operated-upon eye.  When that eye, my "good" eye, was closed, I realized that I could see distances better with the surgically enhanced eye than with the other eye even with glasses.  The focus is already settling down! 

It is truly amazing.  Of course, I'd like to be able to read with either eye, but I guess I'd better not push it.  Oh, I asked today, and it turns out the doctor does not think my left eye is ready for surgery, yet.  So I'll have to wait until that one gets really bad, but at least when that time comes I'll have one genuinely sharp-sighted eye!

Just call me "Hawkeye" (but don't hand me a gun!).

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are progressing. Hope you will not need new glasses before the second eye is done. Seems a shame to buy more than one set of new lenses. But then, the good news is that you can see better. Not to complain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really happy things are getting better. I'm betting by next week you can read and sew and - oh gosh, you're going to see what I really look like! Guess I'd better comb my hair!

    ReplyDelete