Sunday, August 12, 2012

Deadlines and Reality

Looking at my calendar for the next few weeks, I have come to the discouraging conclusion that the two fairy quilts will not be done when I hoped they would be.  Yesterday I was able to complete the "slide" blocks and attach them to the last two rows of fairy "screens".  Now the center top of the first fairy quilt is finished.  Tomorrow I should be able to add the borders and the quilt will be complete.

However, I then have to cut some additional fabrics for the "slide" blocks of the second quilt before I can begin to put that one together.  And then the process begins anew.  These quilts make up quickly, but one doesn't always have a clear stretch of time.

Here are my stumbling blocks.  Monday and Tuesday are relatively free.  Wednesday I have cataract surgery, Thursday I'll be fuzzy-eyed, and Friday we are off for a baseball weekend.

Fairy quilt #2?  Oh, it will be squeezed in there some time!  When?  Well, when I can.  Will I be able to meet my self-imposed deadline?  It doesn't look like it right now, and that is a disappointment.  However, I will continue to work as hard as I can to get them completed so I can move on to other promised projects as well as UFOs.

1 comment:

  1. It does such when life gets in the way of the qulting plan -- however, at the end of this week you'll be able to see!! And that's a real plus!

    ReplyDelete