Thursday, May 9, 2013

Basement Clean Up Begins - Again

My body is telling me that I am neither as young as I once was nor in as good shape as I once was (well, sort of good).  This morning I spent several hours sorting through bins, drawers, bags, and boxes in my "once more into the fray" cleaning in the basement.  And I can feel that labor now.
 
However, much to my delight even that small amount of time brought both satisfaction and visible improvement.  Our garbage container is half full (too bad yesterday was garbage day!), there are four bags of assorted fabrics and craft supplies to donate to a favorite group of ladies and/or their guild/s, and two bags for Good Will. 
 
While there is a lot to do, I feel better about this task than I have in our last attempts to bring order to the downstairs "storage facility".  This time the things I want to keep will be heading for a place specifically for them instead of merely remaining in the basement.  This time the entire area will have to be cleaned out not just my section.  And, most importantly, this time the job has to be completed - and soon!
 
Part of our construction project is the installation of a new furnace (in the basement, of course).  This one, instead of being positioned on one wall as the original one was, will be in the center of the basement for better heat delivery.  It won't have to work as hard to get heat to the new room over the garage.  Therefore, if people are going work down there, they will have to have not only a place to work but also a place to put the furnace.
 
I certainly am not going to impede their job in any way.  I don't care how sore I feel now, I will keep plugging away at the clutter.  Come next winter I will be spending many hours in my new studio, and I do like to be warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment