Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 3 of Quilts from Quilt Camp

Maureen made at least two gorgeous tote bags this past weekend, but I didn't get a picture of either one.  That's too bad because the fabrics and color combinations she chose were striking.  I wouldn't have minded carrying one into the library, quilt shop, or grocery store at all!  Anyway, I did manage to get a photo of the baby quilt she is making.  The blocks were on the design wall and not yet sewn together, but you can see how perfect this is for a baby!
 
Virginia started this lavender lovely at Quilt Camp and finished it there, too.  She used only a jelly roll in the colors you see, and at first I was a bit sorry because while the blocks looked very serene, I didn't see any "pop".  That is, I didn't see any "pop" until she had it up on the wall all sewn together.  It's still serene but also far more dramatic than I realized.  I hope ME wrote down the pattern name because I know someone in my family who would really like this one!  By the way, it's another quilt that non-traditionalists would be attracted to and would be wonderful in any color way.


Ginny's daughter-in-law, Lisa, attends quilt camp, too.  Joyful Quilter happens to be the perfect location for them to meet as it is half way between their home towns.  Lucky for us!  These two ladies keep us hopping - just wait until you see what Lisa brought with her!  These are in no particular order, but the one below is "Rambling Rose" by Marti Mitchell (wish I'd been quilting when this one was introduced!).  Lisa put the borders on it during quilt camp.  She thought we were joking when ME and I said that either one of us would be glad to take it home with us.  Sigh.  It went home with Lisa.
I asked Lisa to put up the next one if she had it with her.  It's a paper-pieced and from the book Bella, Bella.    While it isn't finished yet, you can see it is quite unusual.  Pat was kind enough to bring the book in so I could look through it; the quilts are all based on mosaics and are amazing.  We're hoping Lisa will finish this so she can teach it.

Then, just for fun and giggles, Lisa whipped up this batik wall hanging - such a simple pattern, such a striking result!  It's another I'd gladly have in my house.
 
And, just in case you might think Lisa didn't have enough to do . . . Here is a miniature quilt she thought she might get around to finishing over the weekend.  No, it isn't paper pieced, and no, I didn't think to measure the blocks, but I'd guess 2" x 2" without the pink borders.  ME, do you think that's correct?  Whatever the size, it's just perfect!  Lisa, I do hope you find the time to complete this quilt so you can display it and reap the benefits of all your hard work!

 
When you become tired of it, I know a good home for all those little baskets . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. When anyone becomes tired of their quilts and bags, please put me on the list to pass them out to!! Yes, I'd say about a two inch square - maybe 2 1/2 but definitely not three. A lot go accomplished this weekend. And it was fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete