Thursday, May 2, 2013

Daily Doings

No photos today because I spent time outside actually doing garden things and inside doing house things none of which was very interesting.  Okay, I spent a lot of time outside just wandering around enjoying the sunshine and all the plants that are shoving their way out of the ground.  No polite, "Oh, excuse me, I'll just wiggle up an eighth of an inch so I don't inconvenience you."  Right now it's, "Whadya mean, I clocked you with my elbow?  Get outta my way!"  Maybe next year I'll take measurements of our lily-of-the-valley plants each day.  They are truly surging up out of the ground!
 
I was able to spend time today working on the extra blocks I need to complete the Farmers Wife quilt.  Since I wasn't getting anywhere with applique blocks, I've turned to Judy Hopkins book 500 Quilt Blocks and am choosing relatively simple and quick blocks to make.  I'll have to recount, but I think I have only six more to make. 
 
And this evening I spent time on my CzQ block (which is why applique holds no appeal at this moment). 
 
Pictures of those two - Farmer's Wife blocks and the CzQ block - will appear at some point next week.  Painting may slow down with the advent of spring; I'll have to wait and see.
 
Happy weekend!  Make sure to play outside.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you'll have enough blocks done so you can put the Farmer's Wife together soon. It's been a long time in the making and I'm betting it's going to be a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete