Sunday, May 5, 2013

May Gardening

Oh my, I do hope no one had to stay inside all weekend; it was simply to beautiful to have to endure that!  One thing has become apparent - my plans for painting and sewing will slow down now that spring gardening must be done!
 
Here are photographs from this weekend in the garden (I planted spring bulbs and perennials).

 
In the morning sunshine, this gorgeous fritillaria has an equally lovely shadow.  It reminds me of the shadow of a palm tree I photographed while on vacation in S.C.

 
In the shade garden, the white trillium cast no shadows, but their whiteness lights up the dark corners.  And daffodils again, KM, sorry, but the later ones are some of the more spectacular ones.

 
These lovelies are sold as pink, but I think they're more apricot than pink.  It doesn't matter; the hybridizers are doing remarkable things with plants now.  I still remember swooning over the King Alfred daffodils - ancient history now!  And clearly this is another shadow picture.
 
Today among other things I planted Peruvian daffodils (over the past few years they've become a new favorite of ours).  Tomorrow I will plant some pink spider lilies (Nerine - amaryllis family) that I haven't grown before.  They are supposed to bloom in the late fall - early winter.  Now won't that be a treat!  Also planting Montbretias, Ixias, and Sparaxis, but no Acidantheras.  We haven't been able to find them locally which is too bad because I really like them.
 
"Facing the Wall"
Today among other things I planted Peruvian daffodils (over the past few years they've become a new favorite of ours). Tomorrow I will plant some pink spider lilies (Nerine - amaryllis family) that I haven't grown before. They are supposed to bloom in the late fall - early winter. Now won't that be a treat! Also planting Montbretias, Ixias, and Sparaxis, but no Acidantheras. We haven't been able to find them locally which is too bad because I really like them.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty.
    I will never make a face at a flower photo again- not if mine looked like yours :-)

    Enjoy the garden, my friend!

    ReplyDelete