Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bonsai Stand

D really surprised me today!  As some of you know, my sewing area is currently on the first floor in our once-upon-a-time dining room, and the ironing board is set up directly in front of the window that looks out into our front yard.  This afternoon, I was working on sewing the binding on D's Shoji Screen wall hanging and had occasion to get up to iron the binding strips.  After pressing a few strips, I glanced out the window and to my amazement, I saw:


Of course, I saw it from the back, but as you can see the top of the stand is perfectly visible from the dining room window.  Isn't it great?  Clearly, there's some work to be done in order to level the stand itself since the soil isn't, but that's a small matter.

Here's a closer look at the bonsai on display:


I tried straightening the photo using the top of the stand, but that threw the background so tilty-whirl that it would have made you ill.  I left this view alone but took care of the final close-up:


While at first it may make you a bit dizzy, if you focus on the plant and rocks you won't feel so off kilter.  After D levels the stand, and when the weather is better, I'll take another series of pictures.  I really want to get a few good ones of the tree which I think is simply lovely!  By the way, remember what I said on Monday about the items that complement a bonsai specimen?  The rock to the left of D's tree is such a piece.

All together it's a lovely thing to look at while ironing!


2 comments:

  1. What a great surprise to find outside your window. It's really lovely. That bonsai tree is spectacular and goes well with the rocks. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. David shows a real talent. You both are amazing.

    ReplyDelete