Sunday, August 4, 2013

Modern Art

Sometimes one has a peculiar couple of days during which many things are worked on but nothing momentous occurs.  This was such a weekend - enjoyable, stress-free, glorious weather.  I taught a class which went well, I was ready to turn over a completed project for quilting (even though that didn't happen due to circumstances beyond my control, I wasn't stressed by its non-occurrence), many small household chores were completed, some books that had been hiding were located, and I started cutting fabric for a new quilt.  

Yet I have nothing of significance to show you. 

Except for one amusing photograph.  I was cooking dinner using our largest frying pan.  It has no lid so many years ago D purchased a "universal lid" designed to fit most pans.  The lid does fit more or less successfully. There are times, though, when I wish for a tighter fitting one so the steam will stay in the pan.  Not having an alternative, I've learned that if I fill the tea kettle with water and balance it on the handle of the lid the weight of the kettle holds the lid down more tightly.

Here's what I saw when I turned around and really looked at the stove top.


Modern Art in the Kitchen



2 comments:

  1. The teapot on the kettle (admittedly a challenge)and you'd be in Guinness.

    ReplyDelete