Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Additions to Bits and Pieces

A busy day as I'm sure it was for everyone.  After dropping D off at the polls, I came back home and made oven-baked apple cider donuts with a cider based glaze.  Those I delivered to our local polling place as I drove out to my studio class.  Yes, I know we made the apple crisp, but I have to admit I'd been dying to make donuts.  No one I know wants to eat them because we are all so aware of the upcoming holidays and the"up coming" pounds the may add.  I had purchased a donut pan and today was my day to go for it.  The donuts were well received, and they are very easy to make.  It is nice to be able to offer that kind of treat during these crisp fall days, and now that they've been tested . . .

My first new bit to add to the list of little-things-accomplished that I had extolled last week is a considerable advance on the second version of West Whately Woods.  I'll save showing it until it is really finished at which time I will show both versions.  Some of that work occurred over the weekend (in the privacy of my studio) and some today during studio class.  E, I must tell you that I have addressed the issue of hard edges on this one.  Once you pointed that out to me on the first attempt, I could hardly stand it.  Sharon said she must have missed it, and she and I chatted about changing that one in the same way I worked on #2.  Anyway, I am pleased with what is happening.

After my studio class, I headed out to Crazy Quilt class.  I made significant inroads on the work yet to be done on my great-grandmother's block.  Well, look at it this way.  I picked up and threaded a needle and did some sewing.  Compared to what has been done over the summer, that work deserves the adjective "significant"!  Another addition to the list of little-things-accomplished.

Photographs of these two will be included later this week.  I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Since I had the pleasure to see both in person, I must say that both are great works of art. I know you think I'm overstating it - but I'm not. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my eyes are just fine! In fact, they were very happy yesterday. Thanks for all you do for me.

    ReplyDelete