Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Crazy Quilt Day

Tonight was a special time for me, and one to which I look forward all month.  It was my Crazy Quilt class - at night.  When ME and I started this newest obsession, we went to the day time class, and we still do.  However, that really wasn't quite enough so we decided to try the night class, also.  Now with two classes a month, we might be able to get even more done while learning from the best teacher, BT, and having a good time with other CzQers.
 
Do I have any photos to show you?  No, but I will take a photo of my newest block, and I promise I will take pictures of the work others are doing and share those, too, if given permission. 
 
I will tell you that SMcG is working on a chupa which is going to be some piece of work when she is finished!  Her blocks are all white, cream, and ecru with touches of gold and silver.  She is including buttons, crystals, beads, lace, and embroidery.  ME's project is a ring bearer's pillow, and like SMcG the fabric is a white silky material on which she is affixing ribbon flowers with pearls and other lovely items.  J came in today with stunning bead work on her block and some of the prettiest fabrics inclusing a very special gold piece she snagged in a local sale.  
 
I can't wait to show you all of these wonders!
 
My current block is in honor of my great-grandmother whose photograph is part of the block.  Since she was born in Scotland, I am embroidering a thistle as the first element.  Where I will go from there, I don't know yet; I hope the block will tell me.

1 comment:

  1. Last night was an awful lot of fun! We have a great group of gals. The projects are so different and each one is so very pretty!! I started with hardly any ideas but knew I wanted to do something. Now my head is swimming with all I want to do - thanks to the imagination of my friends - old and new.

    OK - so where's the photos for others to see the beauty of your work???? Huh????

    ReplyDelete