Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tickles of Spring?

 
It certainly didn't look like it this morning, but according to the top of my piano, spring is most definitely in sight!  Here are the forsythia branches I cut and plunked in this wonderful blue ceramic vase last week.  Okay, so I had to turn on the light to get a decent photo (I had to be sure you'd recognize the flower!). 
 
I have also been able to watch the birds explore and take up residence in some of our birdhouses.  Unfortunately, the one problem with our newest bird residence in the front yard is that I can not see it from the downstairs rooms.  I don't think it has attracted any residents yet.  There are no feeders in the front of the house so there is no reason for birds to linger when they know the food is in the back.  I may have to remedy that oversight next year.
 
Our grandson is coming tomorrow for the end of his vacation week visit so I'll be quiet until Monday.  Maybe, if we all think very hard about sunny weather and balmy days, spring will actually arrive by then? 

 

4 comments:

  1. According to the Weather Channel, those forsythia bushes should be in full bloom soon! Have fun with C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that I'm still contemplating your new format and will give feedback as I think about the change (unless you just say enough is enough). Today when I looked at your lovely photo of the forsythia I found the background seemed to bleed through the photo.. I would like to see your photos in all their pristine color. Can that be fixed? Or is it just my imagination? Enjoy your days with C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to some of your previous postings and did not have the same impression. Perhaps it's the similarity in color to the background that made me think it was bleeding through. Would a small frame about the photo help define it? A puzzlement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of a frame around photos that don't "stand alone" very well is a good one, and it's one I think I can do. I'll give it a try next week. Thanks!

      Delete