Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Photo Catch-Up

What a sunny day!  Here's hoping all my family and friends were all somewhere they could feel the kiss of sunshine.
 
Before I get in more trouble than I usually do, here's the promised photo of D's birthday present "Shoji Screen".  You may be able to tell that this is not from a continous panel of the same lansdscape.  Instead, each section of the screen is part of a larger landscape area on the fabric.  It was fun trying to fussy cut them so there was a flow of subject from one to the next.

 
This afternoon while I spent my time on my painting, D was outside taking his bonsai out of the shed for the spring; we hope.  It took me a while, but finally I realized that was the perfect time to try and get a photograph of this wall hanging.  I dashed downstairs to pull it out from underneath a pile on the dining room table (that's where you store everything, too, right?), ran back upstairs, ripped a red fleece blanket from the guestroom bed, and slapped both blanket and wall hanging up against the pillows of our bed.  What was missing?  Oh, yes, the darn camera.  So off I went again, downstairs to the family room to grab the necessary tool for photography, upstairs again to take the picture.  By that time, I could barely hold the camera let alone hold it steady; I was breathing too hard - make that "gasping" too hard!  So the picture may not be great, but I managed to take it and get the wall hanging put away before D came back inside - a major coup in my eyes.
 
On my way outside to chat with D after the successful photo shoot with camera in hand, I casually snapped some pictures including one of the pussy willow bonsai-in-training.  It's too bad that D put it against the garage where he has a wire for something or other that you can see in the background, and the bare branches on the right are from another bonsai that's not in leaf yet look as though they're trying to snag the pussy willow, but despite those distractions, you should be able to tell it's coming along nicely. 

 
My art work consists of several sketches as I try to decide what to paint next.  I have two strong contenders for large paintings (bigger than any of the previous ones) both landscapes and an interest in a floral study - possibly two of the same subject.  That's why there are no pictures of art lately.  Soon, I hope!

1 comment:

  1. I think the other Bonsai is trying to welcome the pussy willow into their exclusive group of beautiful trees!

    And that Shogi screen came out even prettier than I imagined. He's going to love it. And, if not, I know another house that can make it a home!

    ReplyDelete