Thursday, April 9, 2015

Trip to Los Angeles - Quilt Inspirations

Tonight was Quilt Guild night so the entry will be short.  Fortunately, this is the day the four of us went to Los Angeles to visit the LA County Museum.  That being the case, and also because I opted to use my phone rather than carry the heavier camera, there aren't as many pictures as usual.

We traveled to LA by train which was a pleasure and then used a taxi (Uber car)  instead of using public transportation which saved us time.  A lot of time!

Quilts are where you find them.


Once at the LA train station while waiting for our Uber car, I found the ceiling fascinating and took some pictures of it.  Wouldn't this make an amazing quilt?  Ultra modern with the colors and angles as shown, it's a winner. 


Here's a close up for those of you who want to draft it immediately.  Challenging?  Yes, but worth trying?  Yes, again.


For those of you who prefer a more traditional approach, here's the tile floor of the station. Because of kiosks and crowds I was unable to get a complete picture, but there's enough here to work with.  I can't wait to try it - first with the obvious Stonehenge fabrics, and then something less predictable.  Someday.


Can you figure out what this is (besides another idea for a quilt)?  It is more stunning than this photo conveys, and yes, it is a reflective surface.  Okay, you may read the museum card below.


Were you right?  Have you ever seen anything like this before?  I hadn't!  

Believe me, there are many photographs from our day at this museum complex, but I am tired so I will leave it at these few.  

1 comment:

  1. that ceiling is beautiful and definitely would make a great quilt. I thought the radio was a clock. Interesting!!

    ReplyDelete