Wednesday, February 10, 2016


After various inexplicable fits and starts, I did eventually find myself in my studio to work on the binding for two quilts.  Unfortunately, although I was sure I had made the binding for the Carpenter's Star wall hanging, it turned out I had not.  So after tidying up after the last project, I squared up the quilt, cut and ironed the binding, and machine stitched it on the front of the quilt.

Feeling that I was in the "binding groove", I took out another quilt, for me a very small one at about 24" by 24", for which I had made the binding.  However, I stopped myself in time.  "You are avoiding the part of binding you dislike the most by starting in on a new one.  Finish what you have started and then tackle the next one."

Surprise, surprise, I listened to myself!  Two and a half sides of the binding have been hand stitched to the back of the quilt which means I have only one and a half sides and the sleeve to stitch tomorrow. 

A project will be finished!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations - and you can do the 24x24 one on Saturday and finish way before I do !!!