Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl . . . I Think

D is watching the Super Bowl so, of course, I am keeping him company.  During the first part of the half-time show, I wryly said to him that I almost missed the old shows that consisted of marching bands.  At least I didn't have to worry about understanding a song whose lyrics I couldn't even hear.  No sooner had I said that than they showed - maybe one minute or two? - clips of past shows that gave me something to feed my nostalgic longing for past entertainment.

Then there was the Jeep advertisement.  Now that was pure pleasure; those photographs were stunning!

And the game?  Hmmm.  Well.  Yes, there was a game.

Let's see; I looked through Willyne Hammerstein's Millefiori Quilts book and tried to figure out if I had chosen the correct fabrics for "Pasacaglia", the one I plan to attempt (not English paper-pieced but hand-pieced instead), did some work on the jigsaw puzzle, read a book (Sally Green's Half Wild, the YA fantasy sequel to Half-Bad which I read last year), ate some shrimp and cheese, played some Hearts and solitaire, and am now writing my blog.

And the second half just started.

What will I do now?

3 comments:

  1. Since TV was nil for me on Sunday, I actually worked and got my two short jobs done. Yeah, me. Now for the big sucker!! Seems to me you got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since TV was nil for me on Sunday, I actually worked and got my two short jobs done. Yeah, me. Now for the big sucker!! Seems to me you got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope they show the commercials again cause I missed all of them. I hear that Lady GaGa did a great anthem. And baby steps add up - so keep going with the baby steps!! (I'm not even doing that at this point)

    ReplyDelete