Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 15 of Challenge 3

Photo of the rhododendron that blooms spring and fall.

Yesterday was a busy day.  During last week, I had run the essential load of laundry but hadn't faced the mound steadily growing bigger in our hamper until David finally mentioned he was running out of clean clothes.  Oops!  All along I have tried to keep up with the necessary chores and thought I had been doing rather well.  Guess I was fooling myself.  Anyway, I put paid to that chore yesterday, and now both of us will have what we need. 

Have you ever noticed that the busier you are the more you get done?  That's what happened Saturday.  Despite running up and down stairs to complete at least one chore, I managed to cut out both of the two borders for the project.  Since the borders are my own design (there were no traditional blocks that were "just right" so I had to wing it and create my own), the cutting was easy, but as always I noticed a few things that I hadn't taken into account.  Fortunately, they were things I was able to resolve.  That done and with time left, I sewed and assembled the top border.  While I didn't get to sewing the bottom border, I know it will go quickly tomorrow. 

Then when David came home from a meeting in Saratoga, I talked him into going to the mall so we could take care of our new phones.  John, our son-in-law, had purchased and mailed them to us about a week ago.  That saved us one errand, but now we had to take care of the rest of the business. 

You know what weekends are like at the major malls?  Can you imagine how much we love going to the mall on any day?  Needless to say, David wasn't enthusiastic, but I pressed a bit, and we went.  The lovely thing about that errand was that we were able to chat with a friend's daughter (who works at the phone store) who helped with the technical side of our business. Ta-dah!  Cross off another chore that's been lingering too long on the "To Do" list.  Put a star by it because the friend's daughter is a delight.

Little things add up and can become insurmountable.  I'm glad I was able to take care of these items so I can forge ahead today on the final border and start working on another area in the quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment