Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spring Cleaning in September?

Okay, some of you will be wondering what in earth I'm up to now.  Cleaning?  Doesn't she have a quilt to make?  Spring cleaning - you're a bit late, aren't you?  Believe me, those thoughts went through my head yesterday!

Here's what happened.  Last spring, I decided I wanted to wash my king-size quilt - a year on the bed is enough, I thought.  Then I dithered (which I do very well!) about how to wash it.  First of all, it was a quilt, for heaven's sake, and aren't they sacred or something?  It is the first one I made for us so it seems very special.  Secondly, when would I have the time to do whatever needed to be done?

Of course, there are many, many sites out there all eager to tell you the only way to wash a quilt as I found out after doing some research.  Don't worry.  I am not going to hold forth on the proper way to wash your quilt.  You can have the fun of doing your own research.  Who am I to deny you any pleasure?  

It just strikes me as funny that having found out the way to wash a quilt that would cause me the least heartache and work, it took me until today to do it.  It's taken that long for me to find the time.  Even more difficult, it's taken me that long to get a weather forecast that promises 3 days of good weather when I have the time.  Well, all right, I don't really have the time, but it is September!


Our Garden quilt drying in the garden - almost "in", anyway.

And it doesn't need three whole days to dry, either (it's dry now after maybe 18 hours).  So basically, I could have done this chore last spring when the weather was nice!  Sigh. 

1 comment:

  1. Brave, brave woman! If I did that (lay my quilts out to dry in the garden) I'd have pigeon poop all over everything. Ah the joys of city living.
    BTW- didn't get a chance to congratulate you- I knew all along you'd make the McCall's finalist group.

    ReplyDelete