Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 18 of Challenge 3

What a great day!  Pat came by with the applique she has just finished for my project, and oh my, as you can guess, it is beautiful.  What a superb needle artist she is and as generous as the day is long.  She actually offered to do anything to help that she could (silly woman), and I jumped at the opportunity to have her assistance.  I was going to put a photo on the blog of the work she did for me, but the sky was so dark I would have had to use my flash.  That just doesn't work well with reflective fabrics.  When my friend the should-be-a-professional-photographer takes photos of this quilt, I'm going to ask him to take detail photos, also.  For now I'll just say that she appliqued moths for me.

And if that doesn't pique your interest, my favorite part of my own sewing is the construction of the dragonflies.  They were cut out tonight and assembled with pins for sewing on tomorrow.  I am very pleased with them. 

By the way, a side benefit to Halloween is that tulle/netting is available and some of it is inexpensive.  An 8th of a yard (the smallest amount one can have cut) can be enough for all sorts of project embellishments.  JoAnn's has their least expensive on-the-bolt tulle with the costume fabrics.  Of course, if you're like me (and many others), you scour the remnants containers in that store all year long looking for goodies.

Moths, dragonflies, and fireflies.  They're all part of the magic.  But the greatest magic of all is having friends who say they'll help and who really mean it!

1 comment:

  1. well, now. Don't you just have my curiosity peaked? Bless that Miss Patty...moths???
    Can't wait to see (the quilt and you!)

    ReplyDelete