Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Now Here's a Quandary

On Friday, August 26th, I started what I thought would be a series in rapid succession about the Carolina Lily pattern I was working on.  Funny thing about that.  Life intervened, and I didn't do any work on it until today.

Last time I showed you one part of the lily block.  Here's more though not much more as you can see.  There are now three lilies, but that was all I was able to do today.  (The laundry called my name, and then there was a meatloaf to be made.)  However, this is the major portion of the pattern we are using for this table mat. 

My quandary is whether I should continue as I had originally planned and make four of these blocks (a total of 12 lilies altogether).  The original pattern has additional borders comprised in part of some flying geese strips and some plain strips.  It would be quite a small finished piece (remember, this is for the Littles class and that's the point of it - small projects that can be easily and quickly finished).  For some reason, I seem to like larger pieces better.  Mary Ellen tells me all my Littles are on steroids as I enlarge all of them.  Anyway, I would go ahead and make it larger except for the time it would take.  I have other unfinished projects that need attention, and well, I do hope to continue on in the Contest.

If I stay with the original pattern size, how would I use the finished piece?  would I be satisfied with it?  Maybe I should applique the leaves and stems and then decide?  What do you do when you're faced with having to make this kind of decision? 

No comments:

Post a Comment