Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 16 of Challenge 3

It is amazing how long a seemingly simple task can take.  Or at least how long I can take to do it.  Today, Monday, September 26th, I spent the entire day hand-stitching some items on the quilt top and cutting out batting to size for other parts of my design.  Part of the sewing was awkward - when one is used to stitching as a right-hander (which means starting at the right and sewing to the left) and one is sewing on a small circular element on a large fabric while standing up and trying not to wrinkle the entire work - well, I want to tell you it was trying to say the least.  

Then, since I was standing, I had to take breaks and allow myself to sit for a bit so my back wouldn't snarl at me and my feet would acknowledge my right to have them at the base of my legs.  Add to that the fact that I would sometimes have to answer the phone or try to figure out what train of thought had made me wander into another room with the thimble still on my finger and you can see why the entire process took longer than I had planned! 

It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment