Friday, September 9, 2011

Time to Reflect


Reflection:
Moonlight on the Water
 Today David and I actually went to a movie - something we rarely do.  I suggested it as I was tired of the gray dismals and mentioned the Woody Allen movie as a possibility.  He came back with Cowboys and Aliens, and since he was actually thinking about really going to a movie, I agreed.  Not a big deal to give up Woody Allen for Harrison Ford!

Before going to the mall, we stop at the drug store and bought some of those squooshy earplugs for reducing noise level.  We have both found that the movie theaters in malls crank the volume up so high it actually hurts our ears.  I didn't want anything to make this an uncomfortable outing.  In case you're interested, the earplugs work and the movie was quite entertaining.  David may actually be willing to try this again - yeah!

Tonight we watched the news and were once again amazed at the incredible weather and disasters plaguing the country.  Photos of flood damage in the East and fire carnage in Texas.  Then we listened to the newly released tapes of the traffic controllers on 9/11.  Following that was the announcement of the possibility of more terrorist attacks this weekend.  Then the President's speech was aired which reminds us all of the dire straits so many Americans are in.

I was glad we had gone to the movies and saw an action movie where the good guys won!

Tomorrow we are going to make a quick visit to David's dad to make sure the flooding in Otsego County hasn't created any problems for him and then swing up to visit Ann near Utica.  It will be good to get away and good to check on the well being of some loved ones.  It will also give us time to think about all those events and problems I mentioned above. 

We are so very lucky!  I need to think about the ways I can give back.  I need to reflect on all the ways in which I have been so fortunate and remember that that state of well-being can be gone in an instant.  I don't mean to worry or to scare myself, but I do mean to catalog all the gifts I experience so I can face every day with a happy heart, a warm smile, and an open mind.

I wish all of you the time to reflect on all you've been through - good and bad - and the courage to go forward no matter what.  Wish it for me and for our children, too, would you?  Thanks!   


No comments:

Post a Comment