Mid-afternoon last Thursday, the patio and connecting sidewalks behind the Garden Room and the bottom step leading to the front door were poured. We've never had a patio that was really functional, and now we do. Not only is it functional (we've tested it out and it passes muster), it is really attractive! The front step is now more nearly correct in proportions so one can step from the first step to the top without feeling one is climbing a mountain.
Saturday I spent the day volunteering at a Family Fun Day. It was a lot of fun; the children had a great time doing the crafts we had available for them. The two of us who were working were kept busy every single minute and were lucky we were under a canopy; the sun was hot, hot, hot. When I got home that afternoon, I was as tired as I ever was at the end of the first week back at school!
Today I spent my time in the studio. I cut out the first block of "Toes in the Sand". Actually, Block 1 is misnamed as it is two blocks using the same pieces but constructed differently. Also, the pattern calls for making each block twice which equals 4 blocks. Since I have decided to make this for our bed, I had to cut out enough for 8 blocks. Then I also began work on cutting out the first block in a Block of the Month I signed up for. That wasn't finished as we had to run out to the grocery store.
It wasn't what one would call an exciting weekend, but it was satisfying. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have some of the blocks sewn, and wonder of all wonders, maybe have a new painting started. But if not, it's okay. Little by little chores will be finished and interests will be focused on.