Thursday, September 21, 2017

Another Day of Ups and Downs

Yesterday I talked (briefly) about the title of the most recent painting saying that I shouldn't have rushed the process.  

Having said that, you'd think I could take that lesson and apply it to another situation, right?  Well, since it's me, no.

Today I had two jobs I thought I could work on.  There's one more binding, and one quilt to work on.  The binding strips I cut yesterday need to be sewn together, and the quilt needs to have maybe half of its blocks finished.  While eating breakfast, the binding strips won the toss.

Then I went upstairs.

The work surface had fabric all over it because for some reason which I still can't remember, yesterday after sewing buttonholes, I decided to rearrange my batiks.  No work could be done until I finished that chore.  So I did. There were discoveries - such as I have more pinks than I thought I did (which I thought was zero), and I have many fewer purple than I should have (a mountain would be about right).  Again an "and" - I don't think I need to buy any batiks for quite a while!

There wasn't enough time to work on the quilt, but I thought I'd get it out and ready.  You probably know what happened next.  I couldn't find it!  Remember that I have made great strides in getting the studio organized?  Clearly I have organized that quilt away.

If I can't find it tomorrow, I may have to pull out another unfinished quilt to work on.


2 comments:

  1. There's a good reason you and I are best friends! Hope that quilt stopped hiding before you had to find another one to work on. I just know how hard that would be (ha, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can you not buy more batiks?????????????????

    ReplyDelete