Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Progress on Projects

After making a HUGE amount of soup, I spent the rest of the morning sorting and putting away my collection of embroidery threads.  Why I was so astonished that it took me until lunch time to finish that task I don't know.  Everything takes longer than I expect!

At least I had time in the afternoon to finish a project I started a few days ago.  While tidying the studio, I came across a series (or part of a series) of banner patterns I bought several years ago.  The pattern that caught my eye initially was the September banner of a school house.  It was shown sewn in a red homespun plaid set on the diagonal, and it was charming!  I didn't want to do it that way even though I love homespuns because I wanted to use my collection of fabrics with printing: letters, words, script, etc.  Even though this was not on my official list of Six Items to Complete, I started it anyway.  After all, it is September!


Even though I set the bell cupola too low and may not have room for a school bell charm, I do like the way it came out complete with typewriter keys roof and a ruler door.  

So I put it on my list and then crossed it off; one down for September!

1 comment:

  1. That little quilt is really just YOU. The fabrics are perfect and, of course, you did a great job! Congratulations - one more thing off the list of to-do's!

    ReplyDelete