Sunday, September 10, 2017

Three Steps Forward . . .

Three steps forward sometimes mean at least two steps back.  While the list is moving in the right direction, every now, and then it takes a step in a direction that wasn't planned.  

Yesterday, for instance, I was ready to tackle a sewing job that is not a favorite when I discovered I didn't know where my interfacing was and I couldn't proceed without it.  Before I knew it, I was pulling all my stabilizers, battings, and fusibles out of my closet.  WOW!  I had no idea I had so much!  By the time I had it all out, I realized that I had to purchase a new storage bin to hold my stash of - well what is the correct noun to cover what I found?  In the meantime, I grouped like things together in clear garbage bags so now I can find what I didn't know I had!

Okay, did I find interfacing?  Nope. So I thought I should put the project in its appointed place and start something else.  Of course, when the fabric was replaced in that pile of similar projects, I found the interfacing I had been looking for before getting distracted by organizing all that batting and stuff! Frustrating on the one hand, but on the other hand, a task was completed that I hadn't even thought of doing!

Hmmm . . . wonder if I can put it on my list so I can cross it off?  

YES!


2 comments:

  1. As far as I'm concerned, YES, you can. It's part of the organizing the studio!! And that's great. Someday I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes put it on the list and cross it out DONE

    ReplyDelete