Thursday, September 14, 2017

Not Exciting but Satisfying!

It was a busy day with the construction men back in to take care of odds and ends left from their last work as well as a couple of things D wanted done.  

While they were working, I went off to Her Treasure Box (craft shop run to raise money to help victims of human trafficking) with a bag of some material, craft items, and unopened patterns.  It also gave me an opportunity to see the apartment in the same building that the owner has allowed Her Treasure Box to use rent free.  What a great space!  Until they have women who need a place to live, the apartment will be used for meetings and as a classroom space.

And that's why I was invited up to see the apartment because I will teach watercolor painting in there on Saturday.  I've done it before but in the shop itself which is quite dark so I am looking forward to having the class in such a lovely space full of light.

Once home again I was able to spend time in the studio and make some more inroads on my to-do list.  It is with some pride I say that I pinned the binding on a quilt made some time ago.  Tomorrow I will sew it on.  May not seem like much, but to someone like me who really doesn't like to do binding, it's huge!

It helps that my best friend and I each have project lists and that we keep track of the progress each other makes.  Having a cheer leader is great!

Oh, and I found the buttons for the shirt so now I can make the buttonholes!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great on your list. And, yes, I know doing binding is NOT your favorite thing. It's kind of like making clothing!

    ReplyDelete