Monday, September 25, 2017

Treasures in a Storage Bin

The "Bamboo Forest Stroll" painting is off to the framers as of this morning even though we aren't sure (or I'm not, anyway) where it will hang once framed.  Garden Room?  Master bedroom?  Or will it become a replacement for a painting now on our walls when we feel the need for a change?

On our way home from that errand we stopped and picked up two more of my fabric bins from the storage area.  So, in addition to the laundry, sorting through those two bins became my task for the day.  Oh, did I have fun!

The fabrics in the bins were sorted before being placed in storage, but I'm trying to winnow my stash even more.  It isn't easy, but I was able to identify some fabrics and/or projects with all necessary fabrics worth keeping. Others were set aside for re-sale (at an oh-so-modest price, of course).  

Projects for which I have gathered supplies but haven't started yet are a handkerchief quilt and a Ricky Tims ("Convergence").  Both of those are definite keepers.  A Pineapple quilt in batiks (surprise!) and a Friendship Star quilt are the two that had already been started, and therefore will be put on my monthly to-do list at some point.  Realistically, they will probably not appear on that list until 2018, but I am looking forward to finishing them.

My choice of  fabrics for the Friendship Star quilt (a pattern that appeals to me a lot) is surprising and may be to you also.


It is made with a dark Japanese floral fabric and all the others have fonts.  Neither of those fabric types are what would amaze you.  What would are the colors.  They are so opposed to my usual brights. These, by contrast, could be called drab.

But aren't they beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. yes, the fabrics are beautiful -- but a surprise! You go, girlfriend. You're doing spectacular on your list !!

    ReplyDelete