Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Almost Finished and a Dilemma

Despite a number of interruptions, today was a great day because I was able to almost finish a king-size quilt.  Well, maybe that's a bit too optimistic.  If I can keep a similar schedule over the next two days, the quilt will be ready to go to the quilter.  All blocks have been made, all rows have been sewn in their individual strips, and some of the strips have been sewn together.

Whew!  That only leaves sewing the rest of the strips together and tackling the border.  I have a sneaking feeling that the design for the drop/border (the portion of the quilt that hangs down the sides and bottom of a bed) that is in my head might not work out. That being the most likely scenario, I have to come up with a new idea asap.  

That may not be as hard as I think it will be (I hope!).  After all, I can just take a chunk of fabric and slap it on the sides and bottom.  Humph! not a look I'm fond of.  I like having some of the blocks, or colors, or motifs from the main portion of the quilt (the part that covers the mattress) continue into the drop/border.  In this case the fabric I chose for the border does appear in some of the blocks, but it just isn't the color I would really like (it's a dark blue-ish green and I'd prefer a light greenish blue).

Ah well, that fabric was in my stash specifically for this quilt, it will do, and I don't want to buy something new as I'm still trying to stick to my resolve to use my stash!  So I will stick with it.

I may actually find that my choice was the right one after all!

1 comment:

  1. well sounds like you got something done with everyone running in and out of the house !

    ReplyDelete