Tuesday, October 3, 2017

First Tuesday of the Month

First Tuesday means that I have fun with both of my passions.  First I have painting class, then lunch with best friend, and finally she and I go off to a class on crazy quilting.  That's three things, isn't it - ha, never said math was either a passion or a strength!

So here's today's work on the combination painting I am doing at D's request.  If you remember, he wanted a painting with the Italian cedars, and I decided to combine it with Montalcino, am Italian hill town.  Last week, showing the first day of work was frustrating for both you and me because it was so very hard to photograph and therefore for you to see.  Last week the painting was merely a watercolor sketch, the very beginning.  

Looking at what is shown below, you are within your rights to feel that not much progress was made today.  In one sense you'd be right.  I worked on only the top half of the landscape, and this week's work is more detailed (okay, slightly more detailed).  I do try to paint all the way across a painting instead of concentrate in one spot because it's all too easy to lose sight of the the whole and what you want to do.  It's also hard to pick up later on and try to remember what one did and/or why or to mix the same paints.  And of course, if one spends too much time on one area, it can quickly become overworked.

So after all that "more-than-you-wanted-to-know", here's what I did today:


As usual, the color on the photo is awful . . . but at least you can see it!

Nothing worth talking about when it comes to the crazy quilt block I worked on, but well, maybe next month.  And my lunch with BF?  That is Top Secret between just the two of us!

1 comment:

  1. I'll never tell !! You're right - on first glance it doesn't seem like much progress was made - but on further inspection I can see beginnings of something in the top background behind the trees. This is interesting - to say the very least. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress next week!

    ReplyDelete