Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Nearly Finished

The work I did Sunday on the painting started last week didn't make me terribly happy.  I didn't even take a photo of the work I did.  However, I was able not only to realize that it might be able to be salvaged but also to be able to analyze what might fix it.

When Sharon asked me how I felt about it, I was able to tell her what I thought was wrong and what I would do to fix it.  Did we agree on all points?  No, of course not.  Was I completely right in my assessments?  No, of course not.  However, I was right on some points, and her opinion was very helpful so I got to work.

By the end of class, I had a painting that needs only two details added before it will be finished.  Here is Via Dell' Amore:


Now it's time to get back to the Italian landscape with cedars.

2 comments: