Friday, October 13, 2017

Pillow Shams

Today I made a flying visit to a quilt guild meeting.  Luckily I remembered to take my donation of a boy's quilt in and drop it off.  Since D needed the car to get to his meeting before I'd be home if I stayed for all of the guild news, I showed KG my quilt made from her pattern.  While we both like it as a very modern and intriguing pattern, it didn't work as well as hoped when using ombres (fabrics shading from vivid to pale).  Having done what I really needed to do, I left and returned home.

D went off to do what he needed to do, and I decided to get the pillow shams project finished.  D's 50th Reunion Quilt is on our bed now, and I found that its intense indigo color would really not look good with the older periwinkle shams.

What really surprised me was that the project was finished before supper!  My surprise was due to it being my own pattern, and I wanted a tight fit.  That meant measuring non-rigid surfaces (pillows are quite squishy) and re-cutting when things weren't quite right.  

Here's one of the two identical shams:


You'll see the central panel features Mt. Fuji.  While it may not have anything to do with D's reunion, both the indigo color and the Asian motifs are used in the quilt as well. And, of course, the shams are a very visible reminder of our trip to the Orient.  

For those reasons, these rather simple shams please me very much.







1 comment:

  1. That's really pretty !!! And it looks great! Woo Hoo - you're getting your lists done!!

    ReplyDelete