Sunday, October 29, 2017

Cheerful Yellow Quilt

The last few days have been spent primarily in getting ready for this coming weekend when I go away on a quilting retreat. Since I don't want to spend my time there in mundane tasks - like cutting, I wanted to get my quilt all cut out before leaving home.  

The quilt I have decided to make next is primarily yellow.  First, I chose this because I've always like yellow as a wonderful foil for most other colors so years ago when solids were popular, I bought many yards of my favorite yellow and hoped inspiration would strike.  Then I saw what  KR did with that color - she made a quilt using yellow that makes my heart lift every time I see it.  

That's my inspiration but the pattern I'll be using is different.  When ME and I were doing the block-of-the month for our quilt guild, I found a neat pattern to use for the month of February.  After making changes, I named it "You're Driving Me Crazy" which I thought was appropriate for the month.  Now I am using that pattern for my yellow quilt.

But . . . in this version, I'm not adding white (except as it occurs in patterned fabrics) which has me a bit nervous. I wonder if the quilt needs the white as a break but couldn't find a way to add it .  

Oh well, it's a wait and see if it works. 

3 comments:

  1. sounds to me like your many yards of yellow is your eye resting color. Anxious to see how this works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the pattern and blocks. glad I could "help" you make another quilt ha!
    have agood time this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard at our garden club meeting on Thursday that many gardeners won't yellow in their gardens. Too bold, or something. What a loss! It's such a happy color.

    ReplyDelete