Monday, October 9, 2017

Decisions Can Be Hard to Make

Today was a holiday, and I did think about all workers who were enjoying a special day, a three day weekend!  For us it was another day of relative freedom.  After all, it was laundry day!

Fortunately that is a job I don't mind doing. I get a certain amount of pleasure in the routine.  It's routine that is allowed by the freedom of retirement.  There must be some irony there somewhere.  Anyway, once that job was done, I was finally able to find the time to set up our Halloween decorations.  It makes me happy to put up these cheerful items so it certainly wasn't a chore.

After lunch the difficult chore began.  On my list of projects to complete this month, I repeated one from last month - the sorting through of bins of fabric.  Fondling fabric is almost always fun, but today wasn't quite the same.  What I am trying to do, is sort out fabrics that I no longer think I will use in this lifetime. 

Sound easy?  For most of the fabrics it's an easy yes or no, keep or not.  But every now and then I come across one that still sings to me, one that I look at and still love.  Today I came across fabrics (notice the plural?) that were to have been used for a particular quilt pattern.  Every one of those fabrics was beautiful and each one was lovely in combination with the others.  Even though I knew the colors wouldn't work in this house, I don't usually allow that to "color" my thinking (sorry, I couldn't resist!).  The majority of those fabrics were also in the traditional/reproduction style - which normally I use in very small doses.  It's just not what I would use for an entire piece.  

But oh, they are lovely!

What to do?  

After lengthy consideration, I put the bundle back.  I'll make the decision another day.  

1 comment:

  1. You're not ready to let go. I have a couple like that, too!

    ReplyDelete