Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Painting Day

While at painting today, I made the final adjustments to "Via Dell'Amore".  Now it's up to D to decide if it is frame-worthy or not.  Poor man, he has to make all the hard decisions!

As soon as that was done, it was back to "Cypress Way" (working title only at this point).  It had been a while since I had worked on it, but I had been thinking about it.  I had a pretty good idea as to how I wanted the combination of those two photographs to work, but imagining it, doing it, and then liking the outcome  . . . well, the only way to solve those issues was to paint.

I painted right up to the last minute in class.  Fortunately, there was enough time for Sharon to point out a perspective issue that I had completely overlooked!  On the way home, I thought about how I might go about solving that problem and came up with a possible solution.

Surprisingly enough, when I got home (after a quick stop at the grocery store), I found myself both hungry for lunch (no, that wasn't a surprise) and reluctant to spend the rest of the day sewing which had been my plan.  Maybe that was because I had to "un-sew" three blocks on which I had made a bone-headed math error, or maybe it was because I needed a break from that project. 

Here is last week's version of today's painting:



No matter what the issue was, I ate my lunch and decided to paint some more.  I wanted to add smaller-than-they-should-be cypress trees today as place holders.  Those trees were what D wanted to have in a painting, and I wanted to be sure I didn't forget to put them in (they were the reason for having to combine two reference photos after all!).   The small size is because I can always make the trees bigger, but it would be pretty hard to make them smaller!



As usual, the color is anemic, but at least you get a sense of where this is going.  I hope!



2 comments:

  1. it looks a lot more like a painting that the last photo. You go girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting. I'm still in love with the format, but haven't purchased the panoramic sheets. How do you get these unconventional sizes framed? (I know--send it to a framer.)

    ReplyDelete