Monday, October 16, 2017

Laundry and Baking Day

Again a day with no photographs and no quilting or painting to talk about.  As you know, it was laundry day, and the good news there is it's all done.  But, as you may have done in your own home, light weight sheets are still on the bed. It still isn't reliably cold enough for flannel (sheets or nightgowns!).

Originally, I had thought that it might be the day to take down the summer clothes and bring up the fall/winter garments.  But that, too, was left undone.  One day the temperature is up, and the next, it's down.  It seems to me that most days I am wearing a combination of spring tops with a sweater over it.  That sweater is taken off and put back on several times throughout the day, too.

While doing laundry, I spent time-between-loads doing my first "cooler weather" baking.  Today was the day for trying new recipes.  I made an apple bread pudding which looks very good.  The second "new dish" was Sweet Potato Ginger scones.  It sounded so good!  It makes quite a few scones which turned out to be a good thing.  The first batch did not rise at all.  Taste-wise it was merely OK.  So I added more liquid as I found that first batch to be very dry with way too much flour for the liquid called for.  That second and final batch looks better, but . . . I can't taste the sweet potato and the ginger is faint at best.

Oh well, it was a change of pace day which was fun.

1 comment: