Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Feet

Okay, this may seem odd, but even after having a good day of stitching on a crazy quilt block and deciding what I will do in art class tomorrow, my big excitement today is my new pair of sneakers.
 
First, do you remember what you paid for your Keds when we were young?  Do you consider sneakers something you wear for sports activities?  If your answer to those two questions is "yes", you may understand why I have been very reluctant to purchase a new pair of sneakers.  But my old ones now have holes through which water enters, and at this time of year, the water is cold.  Also, my podiatrist has told me that if I want to avoid as much pain as possible, I really must wear sneakers all the time (I have cheated but very rarely).  Fortunately with my relaxed life style, that stricture is not as horrible as it would have been were I still teaching.
 
It took a bit of time, but I only had to try on 4 pairs before finding one that fit me well.  It was a little disappointing that the brand name I had worn for five or six years now (I told you I was reluctant!) wasn't carried by the shop I was in.  I wound up with a pair of Brooks sneakers (no, they don't smell or look like barbecued chicken) in as sedate a color combination as it was possible.  If I remember I will take a picture of them to show you at some time.  I wouldn't have balked at florescent orange or neon lime green if I didn't have to wear them all the time, and besides, I don't think I need to have my sneakers clash with my clothing choice any more than they already do.
 
The nicer thing is that my feet are happy, and the nicest thing is that my wallet isn't as stressed out as I thought it would be!

2 comments:

  1. I've found that we really need happy feet in order for the rest of the body to enjoy the day. When my feet hurt, that's all I think about. So, happy feet are a good thing and the rest is bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend told me about ten years ago when I fretted over my shoes, "Stop worrying. When you become a certain age, other people no longer look." That may be a little depressing, but the bottom line is happy feet are an essential. I may have mentioned that I have worn my old hiking boots in fashionable Paris, refined Tokyo, distant Greece, etc., and totally forgot what I had on my feet because they were so happy. And so was I. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete