Sunday, March 3, 2013

Quiet Joy in Everyday Life

The past three days have been busy but not necessarily busy with notable activities.  The visit to my sister-in-law was as one could expect: depressing, sad, and a bit scary.  Dementia is an evil disease.  A visit to the local winter farmers' market was fun made more so by being with D.  This morning was an unalloyed pleasure as I had brunch with some dear friends and laughed and laughed and laughed.  So much so that a woman from a nearby table commented on how delightful it was to see good friends sharing deep belly laughs together.  This evening was spent with a neighbor sharing a bottle of wine, some great cheese, and fellowship.
 
You know, just writing the above has made me feel better about not achieving anything momentous!  Cataloguing my activities and realizing how many joys there were hidden in some mundane doings makes me realize how lucky I am.  So while I didn't do anything earthshaking, I was given cause for a lot of quiet pleasure this weekend.  And I'm thankful for that.
 
My hope it that you have moments of quiet joy in your life and that you are able to take the time to reflect as I just did so you, too, can discover the gifts hidden in the clutter of everyday life.

1 comment:

  1. In life there are more of the ordinary things that occur than not. In my opinion, the thing that makes a good life is the ability to see the joy in the ordinary - and how lucky we are to have more ordinary days than not.

    ReplyDelete