Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Painting Finished!

"The Road to the Lake" is officially finished! I thought you might enjoy seeing the photograph (an old-pre-digital, enlarge photo) that served as my source for the painting.  You will see how I altered reality to suit what I thought would make an interesting composition.  What I find interesting is how my palette in all the lake paintings (three so far, does that constitute a series?) is bright.  That tells you how I feel about this place.  Oh, and since the photo was taken there was a significant rock slide on the mountain that took out many trees (as well as a good chunk of the road on the other side of the lake) which is why the bare rock face in my version is so easily seen - can't take credit for that.  The image is 9" x 12". 

 
And the finished work.  The dimensions of the canvas (15" x 30") I chose makes quite a difference, too.

 
Ah well, on to the next one!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I absolutely love it. Very nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breath taking! You done good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a job well done. Can't wait to view it in person.

    ReplyDelete