Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Quilting Tales' New Design

So, what did you think when you first saw my blog yesterday?  For a couple of months now, I have been trying to change the appearance of Quilting Tales using a photograph of my own.  It hasn't worked very well.  The few photographs that were of the right size or right number of pixels or right something or other just weren't what I wanted.
 
When I first started writing Quilting Tales, I knew nothing about blogs and didn't even read any.  The design process to set this up was nothing like anything I'd ever done before, and while it was really quite easy and there are choices, I "settled" on the book background because it seemed to represent me at that time.  It was the only one that "fit".  However, now while I still love to read and discuss books, I am no longer an English teacher, and there are other things that keep me engaged these days (as you may have noticed).
 
This background struck me first of all with its color.  I love the muted sea glass green with the grays which make the first impression.  Then there's the easy chair which I like to think is there for you as you read this.  And do you notice what is above the chair?   Yes, art!   Wonderful gold frames around what could be Old Masters.  Then just above the word "Quilting" you can just make out - could it be?  Is one of my pen and ink drawings?
 
There's also an almost hidden screen which might show a movie if you find the remote, and just behind the text, do you see?  An old-fashioned rotary wall phone in an oak case so you can call me.
 
It would be perfect if  only there were . . .  
 
Send me a comment and tell me what you think is missing.

3 comments:

  1. Let's see -- the background looks very old and very comfy. I did notice the phone - it was a long time ago as well as the TV. While I do like the background, I think it makes it harder to read what you've written. But, heck, like anything else, I'll get used to it - and change is sometimes good. Keeps the brain cells wondering what the heck is going on? And working brain cells are always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleasantly surprised when I got here and things were so very different! Can I just gush and say I love the new look. I say it is very you- cozy, comfy, a bit of old fashion value....art, an overstuffed easy chair perfect for reading...the colors...should I go on?? Yes indeed. Definitely like the new look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still adjusting to the change. I liked the clean, bold look of the books. But you are quite right when you say your interests have expanded. Give me time to become accustomed.

    ReplyDelete